map2

map2

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Good morning from Spain

Well I made it. Things have gone smoothly for the most part. The bus ride was much nicer than the plane. I started reading The Pilgrim by Paulo Coelho on the way and am further inspired.

I have the most kind and helpful hostess here at the Pension El Camino in Logrono. She put the first stamp into my Credencial, a booklet where I collect proof from the places I stay along the Camino that I did indeed complete the pilgrimage.  Then in Santiago de Compostela at the end,  I will  receive a Compostela or certificate of completion based on their review of my Credencial.

Today I will work on getting my excess baggage shipped ahead to Santiago de Compostela and getting a service that can carry my bag to the next city. Oh yeah, and I will sleep some more to recover from the jet lag and lack of sleep on the plane. Tomorrow I walk! I am nervous and hoping that my toe will hold out. But I accept that the situation may not work out exactly the way I would like it to, yet have no doubt it will work out exactly as it is supposed to. :)

Not much in the way of pics yet. Here's one from the train as we are coming into Logrono.  


1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I hope the way it unfolds is generous, and I'm so glad your first hostess was so lovely. Good luck getting everything organized! I look forward to your walk. xoxox

    ReplyDelete